Welcome to:

Welcome to:
2102 8th Street Lewiston, ID 83501 Phone: (208) 799-0851 Church Services are Sundays 9:09 and 11:11am

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Nothin’ Means Nothin’

By Brad Bramlet

“Nothing can separate us from God’s love. Nothing.”
“Nothing…really? Nothing?”
“Nothing.”
“But what about…?”
“Fill in the blank with whatever you want! Nothing means nothing. God will never, ever stop loving us.”
“Never?”
“No, never. When I wrap my heart and mind around this promise, directly from God, I feel completely amazed. His love for us is absolutely, positively amazing.”
“Are you saying that there is nothing I could ever do to get God to stop loving me?”
“That’s right. That’s what I’m saying.”
“Nothing?”
“Nothing!”
“Why would God love me like that?”
“The answer is so simple. He loves us like that because we need Him to. We all need to be loved unconditionally and He is the only one who can do it. We need God’s love and acceptance to be empowered to live life to the fullest—to be able to truly love others.”
“So what you’re saying is that His love is completely unconditional?”
“Yes, that’s what I’m saying. Romans 8:39 says: ‘Nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.’ ”
“I don’t have to do anything?”
“Well, yes. You have to do one thing.”
“I knew it. I knew there was a catch. What one thing?”
“Receive it. Like a gift.”
“Just receive it?”
“Yep. Just receive it.”
“Like a gift?”
“Uh huh, like a gift.”
“Wow!”
“Wow is right.”